Linear Guage as another guage type?

Aug 15, 2008 at 8:33 PM
Great piece of software. Already has come in handy in troubleshooting a application problem.

The Radial Guage is nice as well as the Trace feature.   However when compairing multiple systems, a linear type guage or meter (vertical or horizontal, bother options ideal, single good enough)  option would be easire to view in some scenarios.

i.e.    0 ------/\------ 100

Another useful feature would be ability to select multiple monitor chart and due bulk updates such as
1- clone selected charts
2- change Host value of selected charts (i.e. change on the charts to connect to a specific host)
3- change style en mass for the selected charts

As a work around for now I should be able to make a copy of the xml file and mass edit it and open a new dashboard.

Thoughts?
Coordinator
Aug 27, 2008 at 2:57 AM
I will be releasing a new version shortly that will include a linear gauge. Could not find any open source gauges I liked so I had to write my own - that delayed this a bit.
I agree with the bulk update features - I will look into it (I am in the process of rethinking the GUI altogether, so I will keep this in mind from the ground up as I move forward).
You can absolutely edit the XML directly - that's why it is in XML and why the serialized XML is relatively neatly formatted - makes it more human readable and editable that way.
Fred.